Friday, December 19, 2014

Clutch - VAMP Driver

The final figure in the 1982 lineup is the first one I ever had. I did the 2nd version of Clutch already, but choose a different miniature to do the original version.

I still remember the day I got Clutch and the Vamp (which sounds like an awesome band.) It was in '82 and I believe I got it from a Safeway grocery store. When I got it home, I was amazed at home movable the figure was (even the original straight-armed version) compared to the Star Wars action figures I had.

I'm pretty sure I got him on a Sunday because I remember being distracted at school the next day because I just wanted to get home an play with him. And when i saw the catalog in the box, I couldn't wait to get one of the Cobra Soldiers for him to fight.

And from that beginning grew a large collection of Joes that I wish I still had today. *Sigh*

For this version of Clutch, I used the Heroclix H.A.M.M.E.R. Agent and added his shoulder pads and other details with green stuff.

-c

2 comments:

  1. Just found this blog via a BoardGameGeek link. Great work! Looks like you have a soft spot for the same 80s properties I do. I'll be checking back in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup, I'm totally an 80's kid at heart. I was hoping to get a bunch done during the holidays, but that didn't pan out. But I should have a few things to add soon.

      -c

      Delete