Friday, April 4, 2014

Jem - Lead Singer of the Holograms

If only I had this miniature ready a week or so ago so I could ride on the coattails of the Jem movie announcement.

Oh, well...

I think I've only ever seen one complete episode of Jem and the Holograms, but I've heard the theme song a billion times. I know when I was little, it came on after some other show I watched, and I always stuck around to hear the theme. It's a great song!

While I've never been a fan of the actual cartoon or dolls, I've always been a fan of the idea of Jem. Even as a boy, I felt like Jem was an improvement on the Barbie stereotypes and I can respect people who like it.

I didn't really set out to do a Jem miniature, but when I saw the Heroclix Dazzler based on her original disco look, I thought I could modify it for Jem. I tried to mod her skates into high heels and...well, let;s just say I tried and leave it at that.

Am I going to make the rest of the Holograms or the Misfits?

Anything is possible.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment