Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Liebster - Award Nomination

No, it's not another obscure G.I.Joe figure, I was nominated for a Liebster by Stylus over at The Woffboot Chronicles. Thanks!

As I understand it, when you are nominated, you answer the questions below and link to 11 blogs you follow, so here goes:

1. Why did you start blogging?

I first started a writing site to get out some of my creative impulses, but that wasn't enough. I was looking for another hobby and had always been interested in miniature painting. I gave it a try and quickly came up with the idea of painting miniature G.I. Joes and it all when downhill from there.

2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?

I'll be honest: I like painting minis and I collect old issues of Dragon magazine, but I've really never played more than a couple of games of D&D or anything similar. Most of the games seem to time consuming and rules oriented for me. I'm much more of a casual board game type player.

3. What is best in life?

Family first, but in the context of my blog, when I put that final touch on a miniature that makes it really look like the Joe or M.A.S.K. or  whatever miniature it's supposed to be.

4. Do you want to live forever?

Nah, where's the fun in that?  

5. Fame or Fortune?

Is it a cheat if I say I wouldn't mind being modestly famous, with a modest fortune?

6. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted?

I think all my Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon miniatures came out pretty good, but the one I'm probably most proud of is Dr. Mindbender. I think I managed to get his look just right with a minor amount of customization. 

7. How do you deal with burnout?

I try to always have several miniatures I'm working on from different properties at the same time. If I get tired of G.I.Joe, I can switch over to Jem and the Holograms or M.A.S.K. and back when I feel like it. It also helps that there are multiple "versions" of G.I. Joe, so I can draw from the comics and cartoon for different minis. 

8. Why is a raven like a writing desk?

I could google the answer but I'll stick with this one: because I don't have either one. 

9. Star Wars or Star Trek?

I've gotten kind of bored of both properties over the years. Lucas damaged most of Star Wars for me to the point where I only recognize the KOTOR games as Star Wars anymore. And while I liked Star Trek back when Next Generation started, I have trouble getting into it now. So, if I had to pick a Sci-Fi space franchise to hang my hat on, I'd pick Battlestar Galactica (the original series.) 

10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?

Does Heroclix count? That's what most of mine are. If not, then Reaper Miniatures, but I'd be longing for Heroclix.

11. What is your favourite takeaway?

Fast food? I guess...Subway, in that it's at least edible.

OK, now on with my Liebster Nominations:

1. Joe A Day
Every day, another G.I.Joe is reviewed. Considering the subject matter of most of my miniatures, hardly a surprising choice.

2. The Toy Museum 
More toys and such great attention to details.

3. Little Weirdos
Just tons of colorful little weird toys like you might get out of a vending machine. Love it!

4. Why Did I Buy That Toy?
I think we've all thought the same thing.

5. Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers
I honestly don't know what half the games he's playing are, but the pictures are always fun to look at.

6. Always Board, Never Boring
He collects (and reviews) the games so I don't have to.

7. Fantalonia
Solo gaming and papercraft. Again, not always sure what he's playing, but the pictures are funto look at.

8. Miniature Review
A nice variety of miniatures in many scales. Look at the pictures!

9. Nathan "Ironworker" Miller's Miniature Games
Even more gaming that I don't understand but love to witness.

10. Fantasy Quest
I started following this blog because of the mods for the D&D Adventure System board games, which are pretty neat (the games and the mods.)

11. The Daily Figure Fix
Every day, photos of action figures. Several times I've been reminded of toys I used to have through this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment