Friday, May 23, 2014

Miles Mayhem - V.E.N.O.M. Leader

What a difference a week makes. At the beginning of the week, I said I wouldn't be making masked versions of the M.A.S.K. characters, and now here I am with Miles with and without his Viper mask.

Whenever artists do mash-ups of 80's cartoon villains, Miles Mayhem is usually not on the list, and I think I know why. In the cartoon, Miles seemed too buffoonish to be a real threat. To me, he came across more like a Hanna Barbara villain. He should be chasing after Penelope Pitstop.

In the comics though, he seemed more intimidating. It's been a while since I read them, but I recall feeling a bit unsettled because of how he was done in the comics. If I read them now, I might have a different opinion.

I had already done Miles without the mask using the Heroclix Intergang Underboss, and had another of the same mini sitting around that I had planned to use for his tan costume. But, instead, I used some green stuff and made Viper.

As a kid (and even now) I wonder if there is a Battlestar Galactica influence on Viper's design. I feel like it has a similar feeling to the Colonial Viper pilot helmets.

Just me?

-c

2 comments:

  1. Nice conversion (are you going to include T-Bob in this range?). I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, in case you haven't got one already... http://woffboot.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/i-accept-this-liebster-award-on-behalf.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T-bob? I probably will...although I'm not in a bug hurry to make him. :)

      Thanks for the nomination! I'll update my site shortly with the link back.

      -c

      Delete