Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eels - Cobra Frogman

The name Eels has always been kind of a problem for me. Most no-name Cobra soldiers have names that can be singular (Viper) or plural (Vipers). But Eels are just...Eels. It wasn't until the 90's that the name changed to Cobra Eel. Until then, Eels' name was kind of hive mind-y.

Name issues aside, the Eels were some of the coolest looking Cobra troops out there. The Black\Gray\Red combo is striking and their equipment always looked top notch. I know from the beginning that finding a good Eels miniature would not be easy.

I finally settled on the Heroclix U-Men miniature. I tweaked the helmet a little with green stuff to add an antenna, but otherwise just tried to match the Eels paint. The result is OK I think. It's too bad I can't show the eyes through the mask, but I have no idea how to pull that kind painting off.

Now, Torpedo finally has someone to fight!

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment