Monday, January 26, 2015

Philip J. Fry - Delivery Boy

The great thing about Futurama is that the show can be what you want it to be: Sci-Fi Comedy, Space Adventure, Social Commentary.

Or, if you're like me, Love Story.


What I like about the show is that Fry and Leela's romance may not be an epic love story, but it is in many ways realistic. (Minus the time travel, robots, and crustacean doctors.)

Fry is a screw up, but Leela is just as messed up in her own ways. As he learns to be more mature, she learns to be less judgmental. While the show has plenty of funny moments, the things that stick with me tend to be the times Fry and Leela realize what they mean to each other.

And also when Fry does something really, really dumb.

For Fry, I used the Rick Jones Heroclix and added a little extra to his hair to try and capture Fry's do. (Now that I notice, the angle I took the picture at makes Fry look like he has a weird squint...)

Favorite Episode

For Fry, my favorite episode may be "Parasites Lost", since that's the first episode where he can really tell Leela how he feels (even though he needed parasites to do it).

Favorite Quote

My favorite line by Fry comes from the episode "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back":

Morgan (examining Fry's locker): "I-- I've never seen anything like this. [She picks up a cap.] Why is there yogurt in this cap?"

Fry: "Uh, I can explain that. See, it used to be milk and, well, time makes fools of us all."
That line sums up Fry in a nutshell (or yogurt cap).

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment