Friday, January 23, 2015

Asami Sato - Future Industries CEO

It's kind of hard to put a label on Asami. She does so many things: CEO, Engineer, Industrialist, BAMF. As some people have pointed out, Asami is basically Republic City's Batman.

When I started watching Korra though, I was 100% sure she was a mole for the Equalists and that her crashing into Mako was all arranged. And I guess we were supposed to think that since the writers confirmed that was going to be the plan for her before they fell in love with her character.

And they weren't the only ones to fall for her...

The mini I picked for Asami turned out to be a little problematic. I thought the skirt thing on the Mantis Heroclix was just in the back, but it turned out to be a think skirt that her legs were poking out of. I had to decide between making a hybrid of Asami's combat gear and her street clothes, or cut the skirt and use green stuff to make her pants. I went for the second option, and it turned out OK, I think.

I tried to hit all the details: she has the equalist glove (a little hard to tell in these pictures sadly) and I made sure she had the blue hair clip she seemed to favor with this outfit.

One mistake I didn't realize until too late: her right glove (the non-shock glove) should be more brown. One of the reference images I used had it the same color as her pants, so I went with that.

Maybe she has more than one pair?

Shipping Department

I kind of covered this already under Korra's entry. I wasn't against Asami and Mako, I just found them a little dull as a couple. Well, until Mako started basically ignoring her for Korra, right in front of her. Then I started to feel sorry for her.

Once season 3 came around and they started teasing Korrasami, I was on board but figured it would never happen.

But then it did happen, and Korrasami was confirmed.

I guess this is what it feels like when your team wins the Superbowl?

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment