Monday, July 14, 2014

Powerglide - Autobot Warrior

This *might* be a miniature Powerglide. Or it might be Iron Man cosplaying as Powerglide.

Let's talk about scale for a moment. One of nice side effects of making miniatures in one scale is that toys like G.I.Joe and M.A.S.K., that were much different as action figures, can be at the same scale.

When I thought about doing Transformers, I had to make a choice: either make them "realistic" scale to the human sized miniatures (which would mean they would be a few inches tall and probably the size of the regular Transformers toys) or, make the robot mode the same scale as other miniature (which makes their vehicle mode more like amusement park rides.)

I went with the second option for two reasons: smaller is more fun and it's cheaper.

Although, Powerglide in robot mode was about G.I.Joe sized so, maybe it's not that weird.

Powerglide didn't get a lot of time in the cartoon or comics (other than getting one of the weird Autobot \ Human romances stories...) but he was a favorite of mine. I think that's all due to the iconic look of the A-10 Thunderbolt he changes into. That plane is so cool...

For his robot mode, I used an Iron Man Mk 7 Heroclix and for his vehicle mode, an A-10 Thunderbolt Micro Machines.

He almost looks like he could transform.

But he can't.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment