Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Agent Scarlett - Sigma 6 Pilot

In 2005, Hasbro tried to revive interest in G.I.Joe with a new product line: G.I.Joe: Sigma 6. The line had an all new look for the figures and an anime-esque cartoon.

I didn't pay much attention to the line until recently when I tried watching the cartoon. I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode and quit.

About a month later, I gave it a shot again and, slowly, it started to grow on me. The voice acting is terrible, but the stories are kind of interesting.

So...

All of the Sigma 6 characters are similar to their original versions and Scarlett is no exception. Like most versions, this Scarlett is a bad-ass and quite competent leading the team if Duke isn't around. There's something more though that I can't put my finger on. This version of Scarlett seems more...innocent, maybe? Possibly because she's younger in this iteration?

Whatever it is, she seems familiar but also new.

The change in voice actors halfway through the series is jarring though...

For Agent Scarlett I used the Fairchild Heroclix.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment